• View topic - Aston Martin db9
Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General - Public Area » General Discussions, Suggestions and Requests

Post subject: Aston Martin db9
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm 
Sparkplug

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Evolution X
model: FQ360gsr
For anyone who is interested,there is an Aston Martin db9 special edition,only fifteen in the UK,according to the salesman,gunmetal grey,2008,£57000,sat in it,very nice,5900cc,actually felt really good in it,considered buying it,until I asked the salesman for the stats,its not as quick as my Evo....but it REALLY felt and looked good,It was a proper head turner,I must say sitting in it compared to the Evo it was a proper car......still thinking about it now....if only it was a little bit quicker.

Post subject: Re: Aston Martin db9
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 pm 
Sparkplug

Oh,I forgot,its at Fleetwood Car Center.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vehicle: Aston Martin V12
edition: GT
That's a bit upmarket for them isn't it? :)

I guess it's also how you define "quicker". The Evo is a Rally car for the road, the DB9 is a Grand Tourer for long distances with little effort.

The Aston would get you to the South of France "quicker" than an Evo due to it's ability to cruise at higher speeds for longer periods.

The Evo would get you to the local shops "quicker" as it's more highly strung...

I wouldn't take the "salesman's" word on anything Aston Based, things are never as straight forward as "Special Editions" and low build numbers do not always indicate a rare/exclusive/sought after car.

For example: I have a GT, there are approx only half as many GTA's, however not many people are drawn to the GTA and prefer the GT. Probably why only half the amount of people originally bought a GTA in the first place.

Same for the DB9's Aston and some of their Dealers create special editions for all sorts of silly reasons, not many sell very well.

In 2010 alone Aston released 3 special editions of the DB9.

The VIN number will reveal the truth about it, next time your passing ;-)

NWSCC - NorthWest SuperCar Club

PSCM - Preston SuperCar Meet
=================================

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:38 pm 
Sparkplug

Phil,yes,I take your point about quicker.but personally I really really dont ever want to go to the south of France,but I need to go to the shops,so looking at it from this point of view I had better keep the Evo.Just of late Fleetwood car center have had a few 'decent' motors,I have just bought my daughter a Fiat Punto from there......I am not however saying the Punto is a decent car but beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and my daughter loved it,here's hoping she pays me back,she also said....'Dad why dont you get that Aston and look cool,instead of looking like a drug dealer in an Evo'.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vehicle: Aston Martin V12
edition: GT
hahaha, I used to have a Jag Sovereign back in the 90's and once when parked on Lord St in Fleetwood I was called a "Drug Dealer" !!!

So they have moved from Jag's to EVO's now?? :)

As your daughter quite rightly pointed out though, there is a perception with the type/style of vehicle one chooses to drive. The Aston would earn you more "cool" points I guess, but then it's all about what YOU want ;-)

In my perfect world, the ideal garage would of course have room for a pimped up EVO or the like.... but then the same garage would have to be huge like Jay Leno's as I'd probably have 20 other cars higher up on my "want" list.

NWSCC - NorthWest SuperCar Club

PSCM - Preston SuperCar Meet
=================================

Board index » General - Public Area » General Discussions, Suggestions and Requests