• View topic - An invitation to a meet in Blackpool for the Hospice. 12 Oct
Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General - Public Area » General Discussions, Suggestions and Requests

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:22 am 

Hi guys
I own and run the MG Rover owners club, We are holding a charity meet for Trinity Hospice in Blackpool on 12th Oct 2013. this event is to consist of showing the cars, then later on a trip in convoy up n down the illuminations, ending is a chippy supper for any one who wants to, just out of the paper for a chat etc
the details of the meet are here
http://mgr-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2524

I would like to invite you guys as you bring a whole different ball game to the park, if we can get you guys to attend with some of the cars you have then that would be great, We have interest from some other clubs ie MG Metro, ZR, ZS etc, predominantly british marque, but if i can interest a few of you guys with supercars to attend, that would be great.
we are hoping we can encourage some of the youngsters who are in the Hospice to come out and look, if they are well enough that is.
you can raise money by donations or sponsorship.
the way we will be organizing it is to mix the cars up, this will give the owners chance to meet other clubs etc.

we have approx 24 cars wanting to attend atm.

Any one interested

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vehicle: Aston Martin V12
edition: GT
I keep my car near that location and if I have time will pop along to support your cause.

I doubt I will be doing any bumper to bumper through the illuminations with it.

One way would suck half my tank dry , both ways.. not a chance :-)

NWSCC - NorthWest SuperCar Club

PSCM - Preston SuperCar Meet
=================================

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 am 

yeah that would be great, the lights run is not compulsory, it's really something for the people with families to do later on, would love to see you there Phil and i am sure the kids (if they can attend) would love to see the gorgeous Aston, actually, never mind them, i want to see it lol. i will pencil you down for it on the list, also we have a friends of the club section on the MGROC, can i place a link from there to here, by way of a thanks for allowing me to advertise the meet here.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure... not a problem.

If anyone else from PSCM wants to bring there car along to this small meet to support the Hospice then let meknow and I'll arrange a pre-meet point.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:20 am 

Phil wrote:
Sure... not a problem.

If anyone else from PSCM wants to bring there car along to this small meet to support the Hospice then let meknow and I'll arrange a pre-meet point.

We have a broad spectrum of modern ish MG Rover cars, from the Metro to the ZT, any one else up for hopefully bringing a smile to the faces of some sick kids and adults, Obviously if health allows

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:29 am 

any one else, only a few days to go!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 am 

c'mon guys, would you not like to put a smile of some kiddies faces with your super cars???? It's tomorrow if any one is interested,

i will be updated all thread later today and placing directions from the M55 later today, cos so much to do and so little time lol

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 pm 

This rout was prepared by a human, not satnav lol, takes you from Junction 32 on to the M55 :D

From the m6, north or south bound,
Take junction 32 on to the M55
Take junction 3 off the M55 and take 3rd exit off roundabout towards Fleetwood.
Follow this road approx 2.5 miles to a major set of lights, head left towards Blackpool for approx 1.5 mile,
You will come to a fork in the road with a Shell garage in the middle with traffic lights, take the left fork towards Blackpool, Follow this road all the way down (about 3 miles ish) to a Huge round about
Take the 3rd exit off this round about and head over the bridge ahead. You will see a B&Q as you come over the bridge to the right, There are currently road works on this bridge so allow 10 mins for this.
At the bottom of the bridge there is a set of lights, go through the lights past the funeral directors on the right (co op funeral care)
After about half a mile you will come to a little shopping area with a spar on the left, a pc shop on the right, turn right into Low Moore Rd, Follow this down and there on the right you will see a car park and a new building, turn into the car park and look for the confused harassed man (ME)
I will show you where to park lol

satnav details are here
Low Moor Rd, Bispham, Blackpool FY2 0BG

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just an update on the routing for this meet for anyone wishing to pop along.

++++++++++++++++++

After approx 2 miles turn LEFT onto "Mile Road" and head into Singleton.
At the end of "Mile Road", turn RIGHT *** 30mph zone watch for speed camera van ***
Approx 200yrd on RIGHT is a Pub "The Miller Arms".
Meeting point will be here for PSCM members at 1pm

The Miller Arms, Singleton, FY6 8LL
+++++++++++++++++++

I am meeting Rob with his GT there at 1pm and will set off at 1:15pm and head for the Hospice.
We will be avoiding the route past the funeral directors as stated above owing to long tailbacks on busy days.

This is a great chance to use our cars for a worthy cause, so it'd be great if any more of you can spare some time.

Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 pm 

Phil wrote:
Just an update on the routing for this meet for anyone wishing to pop along.

++++++++++++++++++

After approx 2 miles turn LEFT onto "Mile Road" and head into Singleton.
At the end of "Mile Road", turn RIGHT *** 30mph zone watch for speed camera van ***
Approx 200yrd on RIGHT is a Pub "The Miller Arms".
Meeting point will be here for PSCM members at 1pm

The Miller Arms, Singleton, FY6 8LL
+++++++++++++++++++

I am meeting Rob with his GT there at 1pm and will set off at 1:15pm and head for the Hospice.
We will be avoiding the route past the funeral directors as stated above owing to long tailbacks on busy days.

This is a great chance to use our cars for a worthy cause, so it'd be great if any more of you can spare some time.

Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow.

all welcome, spoke to the event liason at trinity who told me some of the kids are looking forward to seeing the cars especially the super cars, obviously it all depends on the weather if the kids can come out.

Board index » General - Public Area » General Discussions, Suggestions and Requests